Tuesday, February 17, 2009

General Mills Cereal- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Review



We LOVE cereal in the Derrick household. One of my very favorite cereals is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. So imagine how excited I was to get home tonight and find a box of it on my doorstep! Yes! I was going to wait until tomorrow morning to have a bowl, but it was just calling my name. I had to have some. So I just finished my delicious bowl of cereal and figured that I would let you all know how good it was.



Did you know that cereal is one of the most nutritious breakfast options a kid can eat? Most cereals have about 100 – 130 calories per serving and provide at least 10 key nutrients. And, ready-to-eat cereal is the number one source of whole grain in American diets. Sara Rose LOVES cereal for breakfast, it is one of the items that she will eat on a pretty regular basis.

You know what I just found out? The American Academy of Pediatrics recently doubled the vitamin D recommendation for children. That means that approximately 75% of kids today don’t get the recommended levels of calcium and vitamin D -- two key nutrients for bone growth. All General Mills Big G kid cereals (including Kix, Lucky Charms, Trix, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and more) offer a good source of BOTH calcium and vitamin D in each serving.

Additionally, a recent report in a leading consumer magazine ranked kid cereals by nutritional content, and all nine General Mills Big G kid cereals included in the report were ranked in the top half. All Big G kid cereals have at least eight grams of whole grain per serving (at least 48 grams are recommended daily), and all have 12 grams or less of sugar per serving.







Never miss a review or giveaway- sign up here:

No comments: