Friday, March 9, 2012

Review: Ristorante Pizza by Dr. Oetker


THE REVIEW: I recently was part of a BzzAgent Campaign for Ristorante Pizza by Dr. Oetker.  I was given two coupons for free pizza.  I got to the store and there were quite a few choices:
Mozzarella: Fresh mozzarella, sun-ripened tomatoes, zesty pesto sauce
* Spinaci: Savory leaf spinach, mozzarella, hearty garlic sauce
* Funghi: Aromatic mushrooms, mozzarella, tomato sauce, parsley, oregano
* Quattro Formaggi: 4 premium cheeses: edam, mozzarella, emmental, blue cheese, basil seasoning
* Vegetale: Tangy tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, chilies, sour cream sauce
* Speciale: Pepperoni, cooked ham, spicy herbs

I picked the Quattro Formaggi and the Speciale since I figured that the kids might be willing to try the Quattro Formaggi and I knew that Greg would love the Speciale.
I brought them home and we popped them in the oven.  It took about 12 minutes and the pizza was done.   We sliced them and tried to give some to the kids but neither one was willing to try them.  Greg and I were okay with that since it was more for us!
I really like the Quattro Formaggi- the 4 cheeses were great and really blended together nicely.  I loved the basil seasoning and was pleased that the crust had a really good crunch to it.  I do like my pizza to have a little more sauce, but overall  I thought it was fantastic for a frozen pizza.  Greg really enjoyed the Speciale.
We will definitely be buying these again and I recommend that you give them a try.  A good easy way to have a delicious reasonably priced meal.


FROM THE COMPANY: 
From baking soda to baking pizzas
In 1891, Dr. August Oetker started out developing and selling baking soda at his pharmacy in Bielefeld, Germany. His perfect balance of quality raw materials and stable ratio of active ingredients made it a hit with housewives, who could count on perfect baking results every time. Five generations later, you could say Dr. Oetker's company has grown quite a bit. But you can still rely on the finest, freshest ingredients and restaurant-quality results with every Ristorante Pizza you bake.

  • With Ristorante Pizza by Dr. Oetker, it's deliciously simple to enjoy a real Italian meal right at home:
  • Available in six 10" pizza varieties:
  • * Restaurant-quality, ready in just 12 – 14 minutes
  • * Found in the frozen aisle of most major grocery stores on the East coast
  • * Suggested to retail for about $4.99, a fraction of Italian restaurant price
  • * Found online at oetker.us or ristorante.us — visit the sites for more tasty info and to see where you can buy them

This post was written as part of a BzzAgent Campaign.  I received free samples from Dr. Oetker and BzzAgent.  All opinions and thoughts (unless otherwise stated) are my own. I will only post reviews for items that I believe are worthy products. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. 
Never miss a review or giveaway- sign up here: