Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Resumes for Children- Review and Giveaway
Okay, I have to admit that when I first was contacted by Kris Manley, author of the book, Resumes for Children- 17 Years Old and Under, that I was not really sure what it was about.
I mean, why do kids need resumes?
But I figured it was different and worth a look, right?
I have to say that I am so impressed. This is a spectacular resource that should be made available to every child. It is already being used in several Atlanta, GA high schools and middle schools and by the GA Dept. of Labor career centers. I have no doubt that it will soon be used all over the country.
From the website:
Why Should Your Child Have a Resume?
1. To boost their self esteem and feel good about themselves
2. To outline their capabilities
3. To show how well he or she does outside of the academic arena
4. To show he or she is more than what their report card says they are
5. To praise his or her gifts, talents, abilities
6. To accompany his or her college application
Choosing activities that provide your child with life skills as well as build character is a key element to their success. Documenting those activites is also a key element to their success. Why? Keeping before them an ever present visual of their activities, accomplishments, etc. gives encouragement, pride in what they do and have done, and allows them to see how well they have progressed over the years. In other words, you will assist your child in "behaving" their way to success.
I am sure that you are wondering what type of activities would go on your child's resume. Here are some examples:
* Charitable Donations
* Home Training
* Life's Challenges/Health Status
* Musical Abilities
In this day and age, it is so important to be able to give your child every advantage that you can. I firmly believe that this a great resource to help with that. You can purchase it here or you can try to win it!
FIVE (yes, five) lucky winners is going to win their own copy of Resumes for Children.
Head on over to Resumes for Children and leave me a comment letting me know who you would give your copy to if you are the winner. Do not just say "Enter Me", I will delete these comments. Don't forget to leave a way for me to contact you in the comment. If you are the winner, you have 3 days to claim your prize before I pick a new winner, so please remember to check back here.
Additional ways to get entries (you must leave me a comment for each extra entry, letting me know about it):
* Sign up for my feed: (if you are already a subscriber, leave me a message letting me know in the comment section).
* Blog about this giveaway, come back here and post the link in the comment section.
* Follow me on Twitter:
* Tweet about this giveaway, copy it for me and post it here.
* Fave me on Technorati:
There are 6 different ways to enter, please leave a separate comment for each one.
Giveaway ends on February 25, 2009. This giveaway is open to readers in the US only.
Never miss a review or giveaway- sign up here: