Friday, April 3, 2009
Corneille- The Birth of Cornelius Music Review
I am part of a new program called Music Moms. It means I get to sample some adult music instead of all the kids music that I normally listen to.
I was excited to get the first CD but was not sure when I saw that it was R&B. I like R&B but it is not my first choice. The CD I received was from Corneille titled- The Birth of Cornelius (Motown Records). It was filled with rich soulful tracks. He sings about love, the heart and his own life experiences. He has a really pleasant voice and I just really enjoyed the entire CD.
* Originally from Rwanda, this singer/writer/producer scored a number of hits in Canada, France and even Japan. The Birth of Cornelius is Corneille's English language debut.
* Corneille cites Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and original Motown music as influences
* The Birth of Cornelius by Corneille is in stores now from Universal Motown
* It is the 50th anniversary of Motown Records
* Corneille is a Red Cross Canada spokesperson and has been made a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
* Corneille's parents and other family members were killed in Rwanda during the genocide in 1994. He alone managed to escape- first to Kinshasa, and then to Germany, where he was taken in by some family friends.
What is your favorite non-kid oriented music? If it has been awhile since you listened to anything geared toward adults, I would strongly recommend this CD.
Never miss a review or giveaway- sign up here: